Wednesday, January 19, 2011

and she went on…

Jeddy, asked to do school work today.

That was new.

He also made my bed for me while I was downstairs.

(Not that I ever go downstairs without making my bed…)

Elijah, is almost done his first Hardy Boys book.

I found him lying on the floor of his room reading it before bedtime.

I was able to buy about 20 of them for 99 cents each at Christmas time.

Keona helped me cook dinner tonight.

She is capable of so much more than I give her credit for.

Prayer, decided that she was going to be Jeddy’s “buddy” today.

She dressed in a khaki jumper- he dressed in khaki overalls.

They both wore green shirts and called themselves “twins.”

Eve’s violin was out of tune. Again.

I stink at tuning violins.

Charity spent a long time practicing a song on the piano today.

She told me that she thought it was too hard for her.

She thought for a few seconds and then said,

“But I thought that the Christmas song you gave me was too hard at first too, and I learned that one. I guess you wouldn’t give me a song that you knew I couldn’t learn to play…”

And she went on practicing.

 

I made a mental note of that statement.

 

Isn’t that exactly what God expects from me?

 

“Lord, I thought that what you trusted me with- was too much. Too much to handle. But I guess you wouldn’t give me a song that you knew I couldn’t learn to play…”

piano

 

And she went on practicing…

5 comments:

  1. This brought tears to my eyes... thank you, it's exactly what I need to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your story and all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good! I love it when God uses everyday things to remind us of Him. Even though we can't see Him visibly, it's like He's saying "I'm right here with you, showing myself to you all the time. You just need to look for me."

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails