Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

2010 was a whirlwind.

It was a long year.

A year with lots of highs, and lots of lows.

 

When Scott and I had just gotten married, we saw a movie called “The Story of Us.” I don’t remember whether or not I would recommend that movie - but none the less, we came away from it with two things.

 

1) Our feet always touch under the covers. No matter how crummy of a day, or how big of a fight we’ve had. We may not feel like being all cuddly- but our feet touch. (Kicking doesn't count! :)

 

2) High-Low. At the end of a busy week or month, or sometimes a whole year- we’ll reminisce our “high and low” point.

 

Today, when I asked the kids for their high-low, Elijah said that learning long division was his low. I thought to myself, “Wow, must be nice to have that as a low!”

Then I thought a bit longer, and was thankful that all my kids can think of as a low for the year-  is having to learn something they don’t enjoy.

And I was reminded to be thankful.

 

So here is a quick review in pictures. Something I want to remember from each month.

 

January

january 2010

Ella at this age…

 

February

february 2010

Snow… I’m not sure we’ll ever see it again at this rate!

 

March

march 2010

One decade married to my best friend…

 

April

april 2010

Scott graduating from college. Definitely my high point of the year! I actually get to see my husband more than 2 days a week now!

 

May

may 2010

My kids. I always say, “This age is my favourite!” About every age… ha!

 

June

Several of the kids named Wonderland as their high point of the year. Wonderland, and good friends.

 

July

july 2010

Our family vacation in PEI. Another high point…

 

August

august 2010

The baby I was expecting. A definite low point. This picture is hanging up on my photo wall now.

“Even in the valley- God is good.”

 

September

september 2010

To let my kids play in the rain…

 

October

october 2010

My family…

 

November

november 2010

My family… I’m just a tad bit thankful for each and every one of them!

 

December

  december 2010 (2)         

A cell phone pic from our first time in the States together.

 

So, while I’m looking forward to several new things taking place this year. I’m thankful that God’s mercies are new every morning, and not only every year…

“I think in terms of the day's resolutions, not the year's.”  ~Henry Moore

 

“It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness. The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him. The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him. It is good that a man should both hope and quietly wait for the salvation of the LORD.”
- Lamentations 3:22-26

1 comment:

  1. Lovely pictures and memories - Yes, God is good!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails