Monday, January 24, 2011

24-2011

DSC_0359

My Grandma’s favourite mug…

 

Last night I had a dream about my Grandma. (My Grandma passed away 7 years ago)

 

I dreamt that I was walking through a house that I have never been to before. It was spotlessly clean, and incredibly bright. I wandered into the kitchen, and my grandma was sitting there at the kitchen table with this mug. She looked up and said, “Jackie!!!” and stood up to give me a big hug. I remember being so confused in my dream- wondering how it was possible that my grandma was there. All the while, she was talking away and asking me how things were and telling me about her plans to go shopping. We went to a bargain store together (I can’t remember the name of it but we used to go there all the time when I was a kid) and we chatted and looked at little trinkets. When we went to leave, we grabbed some bags by the door, put our stuff in them and walked out. Apparently, we didn’t have to pay for any of it. There weren’t any cashiers…

 

We went back to what was her house in the dream, and I offered to make her some dinner. While I was cooking, I commented about how much fun I was having, and that she didn’t have any problems remembering things anymore.

She smiled and said, “I’m back to normal now! Isn’t it great?!”

 

After dinner, she asked, “Would you take me to see your Grandfather? And your kids? You have four of them now, right!?” (I did have four at the time that she passed away) I told her that I actually had seven now. Then, I explained to her about how I had just had a miscarriage, and she told me that everything would be OK and gave me a big hug. I remember not wanting let go of her- but she said, “Why don’t we go pack my bags, now!? We’ll take a trip to go see your grandpa!” Next thing I know, we were packing her suitcase and planning a trip to Toronto…

That’s the last thing I remember from my dream.

I think I must have woken up right after that, cause everything still seemed so real when I sat up in bed.

 

It felt like I had just gotten a big hug from my Grandma.

(usually my dreams consist of Scott falling down, or being squished by giant flying water bottles, and he wakes me up cause I’m laughing in my sleep, or the polar opposite- people I love dying.)

 

It was the best dream I’ve had in a long time.

I thanked God for it.

I also thanked Him that I really will get to see my Grandma again one day…

 

“Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;”
-Titus 2:13

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got to visit your grandma's mansion. How nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful dream. I think we have all been blessed with ones like this. What a gift, and thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails