Friday, January 28, 2011

Because I was bored…

With all the bare, sandy feet, with a beach in the background, pictures on facebook right now… I thought that I’d throw mine into the mix- for all of us still here in the arctic.

DSC_0473

This is where I spent my day.

All bundled up, running from one music lesson, to the next.

But no complaints here!

I can totally handle this hovering-around-zero weather.

A little Starbucks in hand always helps…

 

While I was bored, sitting in my van and all- I decided to play around with some settings on my camera.

I’ve never really tried out the “monochrome” mode- so I did.

 

All SOOC…

(straight out of camera)

(for my Mom, who was extremely confused by the lingo when I said, “bokeh” in another post… :)

 

DSC_0424 copy 

The lighting is different in B&W mode. Much easier to end up with hotspots…

DSC_0449

I can’t wait to experiment with it some more. Possibly, when I’m not stuck in the confines of my truck van.

This cheeky little monkey, kept trying to block my lens.

DSC_0513

Neutral was interesting as well…

DSC_0492

Not sure how I like it yet. As I said, I can’t wait to try them out in different situations!

I’m used to shooting in “standard” or “vivid”- so it’ll be nice to change it up a bit.

Ella, was just having way too much fun trying to dodge my camera…

She can be such a little pest! :) She makes the perfect “little sister”…

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the explanation... so I am not confused again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That neutral looks pretty neat. I'll have to give it a go just as soon as my replacement camera arrives. I still can't believe I lost my old-but-still-rather-new one!

    I normally shoot in vivid. How do you determine when to shoot in standard and when to use vivid?

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails