Thursday, February 17, 2011

48-2011

DSC_0554

I’m promising myself, to get a bit more creative with the photography over the weekend. I’m going to take advantage of our 4 days off and plan some shots of the kids.

 

Today, was spent sleeping in, and then running from lesson to lesson. Eve needs a new violin, Prayer’s glasses broke, Keona needs new piano books… one of those days.

 

On another note, I’m halfway through “One Thousand Gifts” by Ann Voskamp and I thought I’d share a little excerpt from the book that rang true to me today…

 

“Is that why I escape motherhood at the dinner hour, because I can’t see the glory there, here, right in the moment? Still? And the slowing for the hunt, looking for even one thousand more gifts, sanctuaries in moments, seeking the fullest life that births out of the darkest emptiness, all the miracle of eucharisteo. Yes- maybe that woman-child. The one who lives her life in circles, discovering, entering into, forgetting and losing, finding her way around again, living her life in layers- deeper, round, further in. I know eucharisteo and the miracle. But I am not a woman who ever lives the full knowing. I am a wandering Israelite who sees the flame in the sky above, the pillar, the smoke from the mountain, the earth open up and give way, and still I forget. I am beset by chronic soul amnesia. I empty of truth and need the refilling. I need come again every day- bend, clutch, and remember- for who can gather the manna but once, hoarding, and store away sustenance in the mind for all of the living?”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails