Monday, August 23, 2010

229/365

DSC_1029 Seeing the girls off to camp…

 

Keona, spent last week at camp all by herself in the 10-12 year old age group. This week, (ages 7-9) we decided to let her go again with her sisters. Hopefully, there are no incidents of children falling out of canoes, or such like… Though, that may be better than what happened this year! Keona is an extremely restless sleeper. I don’t know what possessed her to sleep on a top bunk with NO rails- but she did. For about 10 minutes anyways. Until she woke up falling to the ground! She said that she had a headache for the next two days. Then, she told me about how they went “tobogganing” down the stairs in their sleeping bags. Here’s how the conversation went…

 

Keona: So Clara hopped in her sleeping bag and said, “Who’s coming with me!?” I said, “My mom would KILL ME if I did this!”

 

Me: And…?

 

Keona: Clara said, “It’s OK. Come on!” So, I did! I hurt my back- so I only did it once.

 

Me: Why would you do something that you thought I would kill you for??? If your friend told you to jump off a cliff, would you do it??? (Yup, I actually said that…) Not that I mind you sliding down the stairs at camp in a sleeping bag… but really, never do something that you don’t think is a good idea just because a friend tells you to!

 

Keona: Mom, Clara’s not my friend. She’s the counsellor.

 

Me: Oh…

 

Gotta love camp!

1 comment:

  1. LoL! Thanks for the laugh, Jac!!! You cracked up my whole living room! :-P

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails