Saturday, January 9, 2010

An Apple a Day…

I haven’t done a “flashback Friday” in a while, mostly because I’ve been lazy too busy to go on my old computer and transfer them all to my new one. Now that it’s hooked up in the basement, the transfer process will be alot easier!

 

But yesterday, I had a flashback moment when I saw this sitting on my table…

keona apple One day when Keona was Ella’s age, I handed her an apple for a snack. I was running around getting stuff done, and when I came back in the room, she told me, “All done!” I asked her where her apple was, but she just kept repeating, “All done!” I lifted her out of her highchair expecting to find it under her- no apple. I looked on the floor, under the couch- no apple. Hmmm… strange I thought, but we went on with our day.

The next day- same thing.

At this point, I decided that I had better watch her while she was snacking and figure out where she was putting these apples! Turns out, she was eating the ENTIRE apple. I mean she would eat all the “meat” of the apple,  she would then eat the core, and crunch away on the seeds. I didn’t let her eat the stem, but I suppose she had eaten that as well in the previous days! She has always been crazy for fruit! I think it’s probably because I would eat 3 or 4 apples a day during my pregnancy with her!

 

So, she doesn’t eat the core and seeds anymore but she still devours them like they’re candy!

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

A few pictures from New Years Eve…

   5  

4

This year, we stayed up with the kids playing Life, Wheel of Fortune, and Wii. When it got close to midnight we decided to tell some stories. The way we tell stories, is that one person starts a story, and then passes it off to someone else, who then comes up with a second part, and so on. We had some interesting stories, of Jeddy whacking a t-rex with a lightsaber hilt while we were on a camping trip. Or when Scott started a Jedi story of Eve and Luke, and on my turn I made them drop their lightsabers and go get married! Every time that we got around to Elijah, he would say, “The End!” Ha… we were all in tears from laughing so hard! Then we played charades, for some reason every time I had a really good idea to act out a movie, they would guess it before I even got started! :(

1

I love my kids.

6

Scott loves our kids too.

3

But I don’t think he appreciates my family’s tradition of banging pots and pans to ring in the new year… :)

2

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post but I've got to say, I really started laughing when I got to the end and saw Scott's face! lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Papa say's
    He doesn't seem too impressed, does he?
    Wish I was there!
    Happy New Year Scotty! We are just sitting here thinking how we remember you and Nadine doing the same thing!!! And I think you got that look from your Dad.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails