Monday, January 4, 2010

Christmas Day

As you can see, I’m slowly catching up on my photos and blogs from over the holidays.

 

Christmas has always been one of my favourite days of the year. Though as time has passed, my reasons for it being so, have changed. From the excitement of all the presents as a child, and leaving cookies and apples out for Santa and his reindeer…

 

8 (at our house we leave apples out for little boys who like to rummage through cupboards and break into boxes of cookies and crackers in the morning)

 

…to the excitement as an adult, of having our family over for dinner, and getting to see and chat with everyone that we only get to see on special occasions it seems. Sad, but true- how busy life becomes.

 

So, we enjoy our time together. Talking about old memories,creating new ones, and of course making fun of eachother.

 72

1  

I love watching my grandpa interact with my kids… I remember him playing the same tricks on me.

 

6

A holiday wouldn’t be complete without Nana and Papa…

4

I am so thankful for my in-laws, who did such an amazing job raising my hubby. Not that I’m biased at all… ;)

The kids played headbanz with Aunty Sarah…

3

Which is quite I challenge. For Sarah that is. If you’ve never tried to play a board game with 5, noisy, hyper kids, on a sugar-high… I wouldn’t recommend doing so.

 

And just because I forgot to post them before- here are the pictures of the gingerbread house that the kids made.

10

I helped with the icing, though apparently I wasn’t much help at all.

9

The icing didn’t have time to set, and the house collapsed shortly after being finished. That’s OK we ate it all by the next day anyhow!

  Just wait until you see pictures of the ginger bread house that Aunt Sarah had made on boxing day! Wow…

 

I hope everyone reading this had a blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year!

 

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
Luke 2:11-14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails