Tuesday, August 25, 2009

They’re Baaaack!

*Scott’s pictures*

of the girls returning from Camp YES… ;)

 DSC_0157

DSC_0161_edited-1 DSC_0160 Notice how her hair looks as though it hasn’t been touched by a brush, or comb, or water, all week?… Yeah…. lol

DSC_0155 And we got a clear one!!! Good job, hun! ;)

DSC_0164

You can tell that I was totally impressed by him taking all of these blurry pictures while I lugged in suitcases… :P Yikes… I don’t give him that look often. Honest. I hope…

Being the wonderful mother that I am, I went shopping in Walmart on my way to get them, and left my cell phone in the car. When I came back out I had 33 missed calls… Apparently, they arrived sooner than I expected and my husband was trying to have me paged at the store… oops! Thankfully, they were patiently waiting for me at church.

They came back louder than ever, with candy for everyone! Definitely on a sugar high…

DSC_0153

A few of their favourite stories from camp…

-They claim that the nurse repeatedly threw people under the water in the pond and even gave one counsellor a nose bleed. All in good fun of course!

I didn’t really want them in the pond… though, I can tell they were in there alot by their “swimsuit tans.”

-Pastor McClain rewrote the words to “Oh, How I Love Jesus”… It became “Oh, how I love popcorn. Oh, how I love popcorn! Oh, how I love popcorn, because it’s so butt-er-ry!

- While riding in a rowboat, Prayer grabbed the rope of another boat to try and pull it back… except that she weighs like 15lbs… So, the other boat, drug her skinny little body into the creek.

Just the type of stories Moms love to hear about camp…

They got to ride horses, play night games, go rock-climbing, go paddle boating, pour their own cereal, and the highlight of their week… bang on the tables while awaiting their meals, while singing, “Come and dine the Master calleth, come and dine!!!”

They now have amazing tans. The triplets are darker than I am. Quite frankly, I’m a little jealous.

But mostly, thankful that they’re back home safe, and our house volume has returned to normal. How I missed their chattery nonsense making me  laugh at dinner time. The boys just don’t like to talk. For some reason, when we’re eating dinner, all they want to do …. is eat!

Anyhow, now we get to spend the week preparing to start school!

The girls are currently standing around me chanting, “School! School! School!”

Think they’re perhaps a little excited?

If only I were as ready as they are…

  curriculum1

 

Oh, and if you haven’t already entered the contest for one of my hats, go enter now at M.E. Photography! 

jaclynsignature

2 comments:

  1. It impresses me that you voluntarily posted a photo of yourself which I had taken. Now people know how dirty a dirty look can get :P
    - Scott
    (love you!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana said...Hey, that look was well warranted as I am sure most of them are.

    It looks like the girls had a great time. I can't wait to hear all the stories.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails