Thursday, August 27, 2009

“It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!!”

Wait a second… my kids aren’t going back to school… I take that back.

Actually, it’s probably the most stressful week of my year. The week before school begins.

For Scott, it has already started. I’m trying to psych myself up to deal with the fact that my hubby will leave Monday morning for school, and we won’t see him again until Friday at dinner time. Well, except to drag him out of bed every morning…and give him a kiss while I hand him his coffee, as he runs out the door. Not exactly, “quality time.”

Then I remind myself that,

“It’s a sad day when a man gives up what he wants most,

for what he wants now.”

One of my favourite quotes. :) And I think about the fact that we’ve already made it through two and a half years of school, what’s one or two more?

Right?…

Right!

Truly, if it wasn’t for God’s grace through all of this, we would have given up a long time ago. But He is always faithful to provide all our needs, exactly when we need them. Whether it be strength for the day, encouragement to keep going, peace of mind to sleep, or just money to pay the bills…

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
-Romans 5:1-5

Romans 5 is so amazing, I could have pasted the entire chapter in there.

OK… on to something else before I cry again. I’ve been doing a whole lot of crying this week. I blame my returning hormones…

______________________________

On a much lighter note- our “ginormous” toad has left us. He is no where to be found in our garden or window well. Jeddy bolts out the door every time it opens to look for it. He says, “I miss my fat toad…”

But! Fortunately, or maybe unfortunately, he has found a new playmate!

DSC_0199 copy

They are calling it “baby toad.”

toad1 toad2 toad3

*No toads were harmed during the making of this blog post*

jaclynsignature

4 comments:

  1. Papa says "Baby toad and fat toad are probably of the same!?":)
    Looking forward to Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand. I'm taking college courses along with working full-time. It's hard!

    I just wanted to stop by and let you know how excited I am that your daughter's photo is being featured for Fix-it Friday. It was such a fun photo to begin with and really neat to work with. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post and yes, Romans 5 is amazing... and glad to hear no toads were injured (this time)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. I plan to start school on monday, despite the fact that ii ordered curriculum late and it will probably not arrive until we are 2-3 weeks in. My hubby works 2 jobs so he is scarce and when he is home he is catching up on much needed sleep.

    In Christ
    Christina

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails