Friday, August 28, 2009

Call me crazy…

But sometimes, I like to take all 7 of my kids out with me, just to see how many times we can hear, “Boy, you sure have your hands full!” or… “Are they ALL yours????”

DSC_0269 copy

Notice how Ella is looking at her brother?

kids2

That girl has some serious attitude!

I only got told how full my hands are- 3 times tonight. Though, that isn’t counting all the wondering whispers and stares that we got. Or how about the guy who jumped in front of us in line at the grocery store?… and then proceeded to apologize and tell me how horrible he felt. (Apparently not horrible enough to move himself to the back of the line!:) Ha… I’ve become use to the questions now, and they don’t bother me nearly as much as they did when I was an insecure 19 year old with 4 kids. Most people honestly, mean well with their questions. Sure…. so asking “Are they TRIPLETS?” May seem like an awfully dumb odd question- seeing that they’re identical. But I’ve realized that most people really are just curious, and trying to strike up a conversation.

Well, except maybe for that lady who said, “If I were you- I’d shoot myself!”

Hmmm….

I did say most people.

Once while we were at the mall, and had been stopped for the 156th time to be asked “if they were triplets”- Keona looked up at me and said, “Why does everyone act like they’ve never seen triplets before!?!?” Trying not to laugh at her obviously annoyed state, I asked her if she had ever met triplets other than her sisters before?….Not five minutes later, we passed a double stroller, and while pointing and speaking very loudly, she said, “Oh look, Mom! Twins!!!”

And just incase you didn’t get my sarcasm, I don’t really take my kids out just to put them on display. :) There were a few things that I had to pick up tonight, and taking everyone- was my only option!

boys

Looking at this picture of the boys- I’m thinking that we probably should have picked up some new pants while we were out!

jaclynsignature

______________________________________________________________

Oh! And if you haven’t already entered the contest for one of my hats- go enter now!

Before it’s too late! :)

green hat copy

6 comments:

  1. Ah yes...that is our life too. We also have 7 children ages 11 down to 7 months. Although we don't have the added curiosity of multiples, I tire so quickly of all the stares, the questions, the statements of how great I must be compared to them, because that would never be for them....sigh...I avoid taking all my kids out to the store for that very reason!
    I feel your pain. It would be so nice sometimes to be able to just go somewhere without feeling like everyone is staring, and your on display at the circus or something!

    Thanks for the post...I'm glad to know, I'm not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for sharing the wonderful picture of your daughter for fix it friday! I am just learning how to use Photoshop, and quite honestly, it was so lovely, I wasn't sure where to start.

    Blessings on your family!

    BTW, maybe they are all staring at your family 'cause they are all cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful family!!! My brother and SIL just had their 9th and it's always fun to go out with them just to see the looks and hear the comments they get!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy to have found your blog through i heart faces...it's lovely! You're kids are too ;-)

    People can be so strange in public, but it's great you can find the humor in it. My kids are not twins, but they are very close in age...so people often enjoy making comments about that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sons jeans look like that too! Ever notice how little boys kneel when they are building, digging, throwing a tantrum, etc.? My kid can wear out a pair of name brand jeans in 2 weeks! That's why I refuse to buy them anymore, only the cheap ones!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear me! We have the same life! I love the "are they twins?" question every single time I take them out. I actually had one older "gentleman" look at all the kids and say "I know what you guys do for fun." (The audacity!) I've had a bunch of "poor you's" as well. I've always found it sad how some people view multiple children as a burden instead of the blessing they are. Psalm 127:3

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails