Sunday, August 30, 2009

Void

 

Cold, dark, hollow, hungry, old, unending, unchanging, and desirous was my void. That place deep, yet always visible, where my darkest fears lie. Songs cannot penetrate, tears cannot awaken, shock only memory floods of void’s useless place. Emptied I walk. Vainly I smiled. Constantly crying without tears for my pain void designed.

Does emptiness pass? Can uselessness subside? Is there some soothing cure wherewith I shall seal forever the hollow in my soul? Such a cure would command dues beyond place to spend. For there’s naught a man wouldn’t give that his void’s hunger might end!

The grumbling belly of the void man craves. Yet no matter the cost of his fill, it simply cries more and more. For a moment of time, filled he may seem. Yet, in just a few hours, void is he once again. Drink cannot drown it, lies cannot hide, nor lust’s simple pleasures can this truth soon subside. Man’s heart yearns for void’s simple cries to be filled. And, in our mindless crave to find “what makes us happy”, or “what we’ve been looking for”, we never seem to find what it was we were looking for.

Perhaps if I graduate, then I will be happy: or, it could be that job, the money, the man, the mansion, the power, the giving, the spiritual awakening, the child, or fulfilling my dreams. There must be something in life which isn’t simply distraction, one would think. “She’ll fill my void!” She will only remind you how deep it may be, and yet now you have not only your void to fill, but hers as well. Desire is unending. And though we may spend millions in efforts pretending, the simple truth burns through our hearts and minds, that we never can find cure to our void.

It seems planned almost; it’s like a sleeping attack. When life’s at its worst, it rises and we snap. The look in the mirror brings only long tear, as we realize yet once more our vanity. Nothing will fill. Not a simple pleasure fill, nor a height to be reached. Swimming, or slowly drowning, or both, we await the next chance to grab hold of something also sinking.

“Cure me!” I cried, as the mirror stare back. But the figure I saw meant only attack. A self reliance, and self dependence, and self defence, and selfish uselessness reigned from life until what seemed was only awaiting death. But there is hope.

The void is no accident. Your search is not vain. Emptiness is placed in your heart because your heart is truly missing its final piece. That piece is peace. Not the peace that comes from believing a lie, but the peace that remain only when it is given. The hole inside would be whole if you could resign. Allow peace given the take hold of the void, and fill it forever.

For Christ is the Prince of peace.

Let not him that is deceived trust in vanity: for vanity shall be his recompence. – The book of Job 15:31

My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. – Psalms 84:2

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? – Mark 8:36

And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. – Revelation 22:17

If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. – Words of Jesus (John 7:37-38)

Ask Christ to fill that hollow deep void in your soul. And then rest in Him secure, for He is the only cure for our void .

 

DSC_0883

scott's sig

1 comment:

  1. PaPa says,(aka Dad)
    Thanks son :)
    Some day you will realize as I have, that there is no greater reward or joy to a man on earth than that of his children and grandchildren following after that "filling the void" and just trusting our Saviour.I sure am glad we have found that "filling".
    What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails