Monday, June 8, 2009

To Every Thing There Is a Season

This is going to be one of those posts where I'm thinking out loud. It will probably have nothing to do with the kids... so feel free to skip it.
I just find it therapeutic to get my thoughts out.
______________________________________________


Arabella is officially weaned.

It has been three days now, and we are at the point of no return. Call me crazy (as most people will) but I had a seriously hard time with this. Saturday night when I went to bed, I sat there and cried because I was weaning my baby.

The ladies' retreat this year was all about "Celebrating Change"- the key scripture being Ecclesiastes chapter 3. Lessons were taught about different seasons of life, and I was sitting there thinking, "I love the season I'm enjoying right now. I'm comfortable."

Conveniently, now I'm moving on to a different season. While it can be exciting; the changes that will take place, the new opportunities and experiences it will bring... it is also incredibly intimidating.

What if I don't like the new? I've been enjoying this season... I don't know if I'm ready to move on to the next one...

I realize that this "change" may seem insignificant to some, and reality is, the seasons will change; like it or not...

So here I stand, not quite ready, but working on it, and trusting God...

I've spent alot of time praying, and seeking God's will the last few weeks about what's next. I've handed it over to Him, and I'm just waiting to see what He has planned. I'm "Standing Still."

I know that He is able to do "exceeding abundantly above all the we ask or think," so I'm resting on that.

And while I think about how good God has been to us in the past, and how this season was so much better than I ever hoped or imagined, I can't help but look forward to what He has in store for our future.
______________________________________________


To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

A time to be born, and a time to die;

a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

A time to kill, and a time to heal;

a time to break down, and a time to build up;

A time to weep, and a time to laugh;

a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together;

a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

A time to get, and a time to lose;

a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

A time to rend, and a time to sew;

a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

A time to love, and a time to hate;

a time of war, and a time of peace.

What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

He hath made every thing beautiful in his time:
also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

-Ecclesiastes 3:1-11

1 comment:

  1. Love you Jaclyn and all your posts - we'll talk tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails