Thursday, June 25, 2009

Sisters and Friends


I remember as a child, watching identical twin girls in my class, and thinking how much fun it would be to have a "built in" friend. To have someone my own age, to talk to, play with, who was always there. I imagined that it would mean, late nights up talking or reading together, sharing secrets, like a slumber party every day! Someone's clothes and shoes to borrow, who is exactly your size. It sounded like a dream to a 10 year old!

I must say, that as a mother, I delight just as much in watching my girls, as I did those twins in my 5th grade class. It is very much as I had imagined. They giggle and laugh about what only they understand. They stay up late whispering in the dark.... every night... which though sometimes is frustrating, I try to remember that they are building a bond which will last a lifetime. They share and fight over clothes. Mostly share. They borrow eachothers' shoes, books, and beds. It continually amazes me, how close all four of our oldest girls are. I'm thankful that they have no choice but to share a room. And you know what, I don't think they'd have it any other way!
I can only imagine how their friendship will continue to grow.

God is so good.

Our roots say we're sisters, our hearts say we're friends.
~Author Unknown






1 comment:

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails