Wednesday, June 10, 2009

These boys...

My kids know that I'm not a big fan of video games. Sure, so I get into Mario Kart Wii, and really hate losing... I love playing games with people. As far as, sitting alone in a room "gaming"... ugh. Thus, the kids realize that it's harder to get Mom to say "yes" to playing game boy, than it is Dad.

Well, the other day I was practicing piano when Elijah came over and sat beside me on the bench...

Elijah: Mom, the song you're playing sounds really nice.

Me: Thanks Elijah.

While I continue playing...

Elijah: Mom, your hair looks really nice today.

Me: Aw, thanks Elijah.

It took me a second, but then it dawned on me...

Elijah: Mom, I really liked your dinner last night.

He wants something!

Me: Yeah?

Mmmmhmmmm?

Elijah: Mom, I was just wondering if I could maybe play gameboy?... just for a little while?

I wish I could say that I'm a nice Mom, and I said yes... but that would be lying. I did hug him and laugh though. He knows how to butter me up already! Where did he learn that!?

And then there's Jeddy... All of a sudden I heard a huge crash and Jeddy screaming. Figuring that he was climbing and fell off of something, I didn't react right away. (I was in the middle of changing Ella's diaper, and seeing as this happens several times everyday, it's not really all that alarming anymore) But then, I heard Elijah running down the stairs, screaming, "His dresser fell!!! It's falling on him!" I yelled for Eve to grab Ella, and ran up those stairs so fast. My heart was pounding, and then I saw him.... standing in the hallway, not even crying. He looks at me and says, "Dresser! Almost. Break me!!!"

It did start to fall, but can only come a few inches away from the wall.

These boys, jump off the top bunk, beat each other on the head with things, wrestle until someone yells "Mercy!", they turn everything into a competition, they kick over their sisters' Lego doll houses just for fun... Scott laughs, and says, "Yep. I did that too."


Ahhhh.... the things they will get into. I'm sure it has only just begun.

1 comment:

  1. Nana said...Lol, so sweet...remember who his father is I am sure Elijah has pick up a few things.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails