Friday, May 29, 2009

Flashback Friday: Four Kids- Under Two!

I remember this day very well. We had just brought the triplets home, after spending 2 weeks in the NICU. When we walked into the apartment building, the manager looked at us with a worried face, and went on to tell us that BOTH elevators were out of order... We were so excited to have our babies home, that we didn't even flinch at the fact that we'd have to carry 3 car seats, and a 1 year old, up to the ninth floor.

It's so hard to remember them all being so tiny! Probably because there were 4 of them, under the age of two... But God is good, and by His grace, we made it through. I've heard so many people say that parents of multiples have a much higher divorce rate. I can honestly say, that our marriage only got stronger through the baby stage. Not to say that we didn't have fights disagreements. It's just that we needed each other. I'm so thankful that God used these (I don't want to say "difficult") trying? times to draw us closer together.

About a week after the triplets came home from the hospital, Scott went out to a hockey game, and I had to do the whole bedtime routine by myself for the first time. When he walked out the door, all three babies started crying, and I just sat there and cried with them. I could only nurse two at a time! (and I hated having to nurse two at once...) Keona, was a trooper though. She rocked Eve's car seat and stroked her bald little head, while I fed the other two. She was such a huge help, even back then! Needless to say, I've gotten used to doing the whole bedtime routine by myself now. :P

We've come so far... and still have so much farther to go.

I'm seeing God's grace in so many places that I didn't even think about before Stef's session at the Ladies' Retreat.

God is good ALL the time!

2 comments:

  1. You guys were so young and full of energy... but 9 flights! Not me thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana said...Oh yah I remember that broken elevator. I was also very concerned if the fire alarm were to go off and you were there by yourself.(nine floors & 4 babies) You two have done a great job so far. Yes you still have a long way to go...but it goes fast as I am sure you are realizing.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails