Thursday, March 12, 2009

Muffins, Fondant, and Cake, Oh My!

I had such a wonderfully peaceful sleep last night. I woke up to my girls reading silently in their beds. My little angel, Ella, was quietly playing with her toys. Elijah was being a perfect big brother and reading Jeddy's favourite book to him.
I wish.

In reality, I woke up to Ella screaming, the girls sleeping, Elijah down in the basement playing lego and Jeddy....


Well, this is what happens when you leave a two year old unattended with a box full of muffins.

Oh yeah, and he decided to paint our front door mat with my brand new concealer.

After breakfast, my little darling had the nerve to ask for a "mutton?" (muffin- incase you don't understand his dialect of the English language)
To which Keona explains, "No, you don't want 'mutton'. Mutton comes from sheep."
Jed quickly and sternly replied, "No! Mutton come from Randma!"



Thanks for the muffins by the way Mom. ;)
______________________________________________________
Keona and I spent most of the afternoon making marshmallow fondant for the cake I'm attempting to create for the baby shower this weekend. She was convinced that it was play-doh. Until I let her taste some... Much, much better than play-doh. Not that I would know from personal experience...

We also whipped up 7 pounds of buttercream icing. I'm not sure that I'll need that much, but I figured better safe than sorry. Ok, better really safe...


This is my first time making a tiered, or fondant cake. Why not throw them both together and make it 3 tiers just for fun! I'm praying it turns out as planned. Or I'll be making an early morning trip to Costco...
______________________________________________________
Oooh, and I finished the dress for Keona! I actually finished it a while ago and just didn't get around to taking pictures. I made tiered skirts for the triplets too... but they were way too hyper and not co-operating for a decent picture.


There are definitely a few things I will do differently next time. She's happy with it though, because most importantly... it twirls when she spins!



Apparently, it acts as a parachute as well when she 'isn't' jumping down the stairs...
I wonder where she gets that from?


______________________________________________________
Did I mention that Scott and I celebrated our 9th anniversary this week? We did! We totally planned on getting a nice picture of the two of us all dressed up while we were out.... we forgot... until we were parked at home. So here's our best shot... I think the car mirror blocked my flash.

I can't believe it has been 9 years already! I'm so blessed to be married to my best friend.

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
-I Phillipians 1:3

4 comments:

  1. Great job on the dress Jac!! it looks beautiful as does Keona! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great catching up on a few things... the dress is beautiful but we have to fatten up those legs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :)

    And she's allowed to have chicken legs... I miss my chicken legs... haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look amazing for that many kids! Whew! I love the dress you made for your daughter, lovely.

    I just stumbled on your blog. Hope you don't mind....

    www.oneshetwoshe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails