Thursday, February 26, 2009

Future Fashion Designer?

I'm so glad that I have girls. I mean, I'm glad I have boys too...but I'm so glad I have girls! I get to relive all those fun, girly, childhood things- like wanting to be a fashion designer one day. Only now...as an adult... I can actually go out, buy the fabric, and make the clothes! Well, attempt to make the clothes...

The girls have spent hours designing outfits with the "fashion studio" kit Keona got for Christmas. They've created some stuff I would wear. Some others... maybe not so much.


Anyhow, Keona and I decided we were going to make her a dress. I went out and bought the fabric this week. Now I am not a seamstress... I actually have no idea what I am doing with a sewing machine. I just read "how to do it yourself" instructions online. In spite of that, I came home quite excited with the fabric I got on sale, and yesterday we started drafting. We measured, and sketched, and measured, and outlined, and cut....and re-measured, and re-cut, and pricked, pinned... Finally, I got around to the sewing part last night. I'm almost as excited as she is. I can't wait to finish the dress and see it on her!


Supposing it actually fits....and stays together...

3 comments:

  1. Nana says...Wow, I can't wait to see it. I am sure it will look beautiful. If it's too small you have others that could wear it and if it's too big Keona can still grow into it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana Says...By the way, very nice drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great drawings and with Mommy's self taught talents the dress and skirts will be beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails