Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

Last week, I had a very long to-do list before leaving our zoo house to Scott's parents while we went off to the annual couples' retreat. Complete with 8 kids under the age of 9. It would not take two totally crazy people to volunteer for that job! ;)

Being the responsible and organized parent that I am, I would not leave everything until the last minute and then bribe my kids with "chore points" to help get the work done...


I did not try to trick Keona and Prayer into helping me fold the mounds of laundry...

Me: Come on...you know you want to help me!

Them: Ummm...no, we really don't.
Me (resorting to guilt): I'm going to be folding all night... you could help and make it sooo much quicker.

Them: No thanks Mom.

I would not resort to guilt tripping like that. Especially not after the kids had helped me out with stuff all day. I did spend all night folding laundry though...


I did not skip Wordless Wednesday and Flashback Friday last week because I was too lazy tired every night...

I did not fail miserably at making a Valentine's Day card for Scott with the kids. We tried to get a picture of all of us to use in the card and this was my best "digitally altered" shot. Pretty sad... any one notice what's wrong??? :/
I left tons of time to get this done... I did not decide to take a spur of the moment picture on a Wednesday night, right before I get all the kids ready to head out to church by ourselves! I never leave things to the last minute.

We had a wonderfully relaxing "Family Day" holiday here in Ontario today. We played Wii and Phase 10. Keona went to friend's house. (she's growing up!)

I did not attempt to bribe the girls with Pringles, so that they would "skip" Scott instead of me...after all, he is the cheater when it comes to card games. Not me!
And... we did not let the kids wrestle for an hour before bed. If we did, we did not let it get a little rough at one point when Prayer was squishing Elijah's head against the floor and he was screaming, "Stop! You're killing me!" I am not in tears right now, laughing so hard picturing that... I mean, that's not funny! Right!?!?

I wonder what I will not do this week... ;)

3 comments:

  1. Oh my..... sounds like lots of fun! Does Keona have a third hand in that picture (hard to see any detail... but I think you digitally altered Arabella's head or Keona's hand or both?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I saw too. Are we right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, it was Elijah's head. Out of 4 pictures you could only see his face in one. I haven't had time to go back and try to fix Ella's head and get rid of Keona's third hand yet! :/

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails