Monday, February 2, 2009

Sick Babies (again) and Ladies' Tea!

Last week Ella and Jeddy were both sick. I was beginning to think that I would never sleep again... Thankfully it was probably just my overly tired and hormonal state sending me those thoughts. :) I was too tired last week to write about Ella standing for the first time...
...or Ella saying, "Mama" for the first time. (yes, she already said dada...several weeks ago.) I'm bitter...they ALL said "Dada" first...ALL of them. And you know the only time she says mama? As she crawls across the floor crying to come drool on my feet while I'm trying to do school, or cook... or whatever it is I may be doing. Ha.. I'm not actually bitter at all :P I think it's adorable when they get all excited to see Scott and start chanting, "Da dadadadada" I even think it's cute when they cry, "Mamamamam..." The girls find it hilarious that she only says my name when she's crying.
This past Saturday, the girls and I went to a Ladies' Friendship Tea at church. We got to watch a fashion show...
...and then my favourite part (said with total sarcasm) when the girls got to do their Mom's hair and makeup. :D *big cheesy fake smile* Or in our case got to do Mom's, Grandma's, Miss. Madge's and another friend's hair and makeup. I tried to be a good sport... I just wish I hadn't spent the half an hour before the tea party curling my hair! :P Notice the big "M" on my forehead? For "Mom".... (didn't have one with her eyes open...)

Future beauticians I tell ya! :/
We were even spoiled with Starbucks hot chocolate to drink!

We had a great time, and the girls are already looking forward to next year's tea party. I thought I'd add this picture of Keona and Grandma from the "fancy hat" themed tea party. (2 or 3 years ago?)


My wonderful hubby stayed home and watched Elijah, and miserable Jed and Ella. Supposedly, she spit baby food all over his face (in his mouth) and that's why he's now sick too... ha! I'm sorry, but I couldn't help laughing when he told me... knowing how disgusted he is by sick, snotty, coughing, sneezing, drooly babies! ;)

After the kids were in bed, and HNIC was over (we love Don Cherry!) Scott and I watched "Fireproof". I don't generally talk about movies, because quite honestly, I can't remember the last good movie I saw... other than Open Season 2. (that little squirrel or chipmunk, whatever he is... is hilarious! And I laugh every time someone throws a bunny!) But yes, this movie was SO good. I cried like a baby, and would recommend it to any married couple. I even adored the ending... won't spoil it...but definitely a must see. Made me remember how thankful I should be for my sweet hubby! :)

1 comment:

  1. Aw... poor Ella that face! The ladies tea was fun! The greasy make up was..... okay because my granddaughter put it on my face (thanks Prayer)! Is Fireproof actually out yet.... or did you get one of "those copies?"

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails