Friday, February 6, 2009

Flashback Friday: We were so young...


Seeing this picture brought back so many memories of our dungeon first little basement apartment. We were so young, and things were so simple! For instance- the only chair we had was a big plastic lawn chair... we put a pillow on the seat and threw a comforter over top of it, and it became our nice, cozy, "recliner!" We had to climb over our bed to get into our bedroom. We watched mice come in under the door to steal our cats' food! I was absolutely terrified of bugs at this point (now they don't even phase me...which is why we're going to the "Bugzibit" tomorrow!) and there were always centipedes. One day, there was a huge centipede in the living room while Scott was at work. I was so scared that I packed up Keona and took a bus over to my Mom's house and spent the day there! There were other times that I was trapped in the bathroom by a centipede on the door that I was convinced would jump on me or something if I went near it!...


But you know what...we couldn't have been happier. We were proud of our lawn chair recliner! So quickly we forget where we came from. Now we have a house, several couches and chairs, 2 vehicles...it's amazing to think about how the Lord has blessed us. We have a 3 bedroom townhouse and people often make comments like, "How do you all fit in there!?" Honestly, the kids have never noticed that it may be a bit of a tight fit in here. (Well, except when there is a line up outside of the bathroom door! ;) Recently with the economy, and Scott's hours being cut back, we've had to really start watching what we spend. It has made me realize how we have never had any real "needs" that weren't taken care of. Sure, there may be days when we think a 2nd bathroom would be nice... or to be able to spend a bit extra here or there would be nice. Then I think about all the things we DO have and I can't help but be thankful and humbled.

I have an amazing husband, 7 beautiful and healthy children, a warm home with food on the table, great friends and family, and an awesome God who cares about me! What more could a girl ask for?! :)

But godliness with contentment is great gain.
For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.
And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. -1 Timothy 6:6-8

3 comments:

  1. What a nice post. You have been very blessed and it is wonderful that you acknowledge it and are so thankful. Your kids are lucky to have such a good role model.

    BTW, are those all Legos?? The look like Legos, but I couldn't tell for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana says...Oh yes I remember that place and it was there that you had all the cute little kittens. Now you have more kids than you had kittens. I am very proud of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha... yes, it is all lego. My hubby had alot of lego growing up! Now my kids have it all... have I eveer said how much I hate cleaning up little lego pieces??? :/

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails