Monday, February 9, 2009

Not Me! Monday

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.




As some of you may know, I have 4 girls practicing piano everyday and one that just started violin too. I'm usually pretty good at tuning out all of the noise that creates and just think about "in the long run." Even when I have a piano, a keyboard, an organ, and a violin all going at the same time. Throw in 3 or 4 other kids and it could put you in the nut house can get just a wee bit noisy. So today...when I had a headache, and had to make a zillion phone calls... I did not bribe them away from their cognitive development... with the Wii... No way! What kind of mother would do such a thing?? And seriously, what kind of children actually enjoy practicing for hours on end!?!? Only mine...

About 2 years ago now, my Mom gave me her treadmill when she got a new elliptical. I vowed to myself that I would use it everynight... for atleast half an hour. Then I got pregnant with Ella and decided that I would start up with it as soon as I recovered from her birth. I most certainly did not give away that very same treadmill this past weekend. I mean, it didn't just sit in the basement totally unused for the past...2 years. I did not just give away a treadmill that had only been used by my kids... not me! Also, I am not the kind of mother that would watch my kids running on the treadmill and go over and crank up the speed just for fun. Nope... not me! Even if I did do that... I do not wish that I had gotten it on video camera before giving it away.... Definitely not me!

Ok... I think that's more than enough about what I didn't do last week! ;)

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I can relate. We have a NordicTrac just sitting around that we need to get rid of. When we bought (used luckily) I vowed it would never go unused. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your honesty! and I don't know how you do as well as you do with all the noise!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails