Thursday, July 22, 2010

197/365

DSC_0696

Baking lemon cake…

 

And I can now say (because it’s several days later) that it was a disaster! I tried to make it all from scratch. Never a good idea when you’re pressed for time. I made a lemon filling for the middle of the cake, and by time I finished icing the top and the sides- I’m pretty sure that I squished most of the filling out. Then, Keona convinced me to try and make candied lemon with the left over peels… They burnt. To a crisp. The sugar water stuff was glued to the bottom of my frying pan. It all happened while I was being burnt by the bacon I was frying for the Caesar salad. It definitely wasn’t one of the pretty fondant cakes from the past. But it, and my lopsided carrot cake- did the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails