Saturday, July 10, 2010

185/365

DSC_0485 copy

Best buds…

 

No longer do I get to cuddle up on Scott’s chest while we relax on Saturday nights…. Toad has taken my place. And if I come within 3 feet- he squawks at me and puffs his feathers whilst attempting to scare me off. Not the best photo- but it depicts my Saturday evenings. Ever since he bought me MY bird, for Mother’s Day…

 

This morning, we all went out soulwinning together. I got to go out with Scott, Eve, and Prayer. We were out in a very nice area of Richmond Hill, and jokingly made comments such as, “Oh look! There’s a garage bigger than our house!” We had a great time. We met several nice people, and even a nice dog! Keona went out with one of the college girls, and saw a man trust Christ!

 

In a day when everything is about now. When everything is about getting. When everything is about self.

Very few people live with eternity in view. And most, seem slightly taken back, when you ask them to consider it…

 

The Bible says,

 

“Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.“
-James 4:14

 

What about after that “little time?”

 

“Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.”
-Colossians 3:2

 

I’m so thankful that this, the “now” - isn’t all there is…

 

God is so good to allow us a part in His work.

1 comment:

  1. Nana said...If you bring Toad to our place and then come and visit us without Scott; I am sure he will like you the best.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails