Monday, April 26, 2010

he’s done!

Everyone told us how quickly the last 4 years would pass by. In some ways, it has. But then I think about the fact that Scott started school before Jeddy was born! And suddenly, I realize how long it has been.

 DSC_0809 copy 

I couldn’t be more proud of Scott.

 

He held a full time job, while going to school full time, and he still always made sure that there was time for us.

 

I’ve seen him excited, tired, zealous, frustrated, exhausted, rushed, motivated, discouraged, prayerful, and through it all in the last 4 years, he kept going.

DSC_0811 copy

Congratulations hun!

 

Now unfortunately, I remembered to charge my camera battery Monday morning, but completely forgot about my flash batteries. And so after the … 1st picture! They died.. No good! Hopefully I’ll be able to steal some from other people who were there. :)

DSC_0824 copy

We went back to our place with some family and friends to celebrate after the ceremony, and enjoy some fellowship. Scott’s parents had surprised him by inviting the Streeters up from the States. Scott was definitely surprised! When everyone left, we sat down and looked at eachother. I don’t think either of us really knew what to say. We had both been waiting for this day for so long, and now that it had come and gone… I think we were both just a little overwhelmed. It was the first time I had sat down all day, and had time to think about it, and try to soak it in…

This morning, it felt like he should be going to school! Instead, we got to relax, and sleep in until 9am.

 

Scott graduating would be a great end, right? But really, we know it’s just the beginning!

The busyness won’t change. Life goes on. Now we just have more time to focus on our main purpose.

Thank you to everyone who came last night and made it special for my hubby. I can’t even explain how happy it makes me to see HIM happy. And he was beaming all night.

 

“Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.”
-Ephesians 6:13-20

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Scott!

    I am glad that y'all could celebrate the day together, Jac. You are right-- it is only just the beginning. An exciting and very blessed beginning!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails