Saturday, September 26, 2009

Quit

 DSC_0305

Either quit, or quit; but choose. Stare it right in the face. Look at it right now. Decide. Either quit, or quit.

“It’s difficult.” So quit.

“I can’t.” So quit.

“I’m scared.” Quit.

“I’m scarred.” Just quit.

“I’m tired… It hurts… I’m lost…” QUIT!

Quit! But whatever you do, don’t quit.

This world is not a perfect place. It is not a just or fair place. This world is a place full of unrest and distress. Look around, and you will be humbled. Look inside, and you will reach for distraction as a cure. We are simply unequipped, or not quit, for such circumstantial menace.

As soldiers marching toward a battle without any leader, armour, orders or weapons, we are not quit. As a rescuer fighting a fire without a hose, help, or training, we are not quit. Like a farmer, preparing to sow a field without seed, plough, sun, or even a field, we are not quit. Therefore, we quit. The task, the distress, the distractions, the risk, is altogether too much and too far.

So we quit!

One way or another, one quit or another, you will quit, or be quit. It’s too big for you. It’s too hard without pill or thrill to rob reality of its bite. So, you quit.

You get up in the morning fighting the tears, because you know that you’re going to pour yourself into a day that brings nothing in return but vanity and exhaustion. And you are not alone. You can’t seem to get anything to go right at any time ever. You’re not the only one. Let’s be honest, you’re trying to scale a mountain, and you’re not even sure it has a top to reach. And you are not alone.

You are missing something. The bread isn’t rising; you’re missing something in the mixture. The car won’t start; perhaps try the key? This pen won’t write; it may be out of ink…

You need the right quit. Quit, unbeknown to most, is a homonym. Not quit like stop; quit like start. Not quit like leave; quit like be free while you’re here. Quit does not just mean stop, leave, or give up. Quit means prepare, be justified, or be ready. Your problem, your missing ingredient, your failure, is simply in your definition and use of the word quit.

I refuse to quit. So I quit. If I’m not prepared for the day, week, or whatever it may be, I will very likely stop living it before it’s done being lived.

Are you prepared to live? Have you quit; or have you quit? Prepare for your challenge, look it straight in the eye, and say without a flinch, “I shall NOT quit! I shall not be robbed of life by you, challenge!”

Don’t quit.

Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong. 

– 1 Cor 16:13

 DSC_0307

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

- Matt 11:28-30

The only force in this life powerful enough to make us able to succeed in this life, is the very Person who gave us life. Might I introduce you to Him sometime?

scott's sig

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails