Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Jeddy’s Cake…

Jeddy has insisted on a “green happy face cake” since his last birthday. It momentarily changed to a “teddy bear cake” but only for a day. Then, it was back to a happy face cake.

So… a happy face cake it was he got!

I let the girls stay up with me and help me make it.

We laughed so hard as we started putting it together!

We decided to go with the traditional “yellow smiley” instead of the green. Hoping Jed would forgive us! :)

We baked to halves of the cake in my ceramic bowls, and made a sphere…

cake_eye

The girls gave me suggestions for the face…

cake_mouth

After making the “face” however, I realized that it wouldn’t be enough cake for everyone! So, we put together a quick base. Made out of cake, chocolate icing, oreo cookies, and gummy worms!

cake_base

Around 11pm, after Prayer flipped herself off the counter, into a grocery basket, and onto the floor, we were all a little hyper, and finally finished the cake!

cake

Not the “pretty” cakes that I so enjoy making for the girls. But Jeddy was quite pleased, to say the least! The girl’s certainly had fun making it. I believe the quote was, “We’re having the time of our life!!!” ha…

Have I mentioned what a sweetheart Jeddy is lately?

Today he came over to me after dinner and said, “I lub you! You’re the best Mom!”

He gave me a big smooch, and then he said, “You can stay here at my house! Cause I lub you!”

lollipop4

He also got that gigantic lolli-pop for his birthday!

jaclynsignature

3 comments:

  1. The cake was so amazingly creative and fun! but definitely only for boys.... now to see what Elijah wants you to create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jaclyn!

    I've never posted a comment before, but I *do* love your blog and I read it frequently.

    I was wondering if you would consider emailing me your recipe for fondant that you use on your cakes. You do such a spectacular job with them! I've recently tried some recipes from the internet to make fondant and I haven't really found one that I like yet. I would really appreciate it!

    Thanks,

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kelly,

    I don't know if you'll get this message... but if you do- send me an email to inspired.life@live.ca and I'd be more than happy to send you the recipe! :) I just can't without your email address... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails