Tuesday, March 29, 2011

88-2011

DSC_0668

Eve, with her new 1/2 size violin.

 

She was trying to contain all of her excitement. The fact that I made her stand there on a sidewalk for a picture- helped. :)

We drove down to Toronto last night, to meet a violin maker/restorer and pick out her new violin. It was only 5 minutes away from my grandpa’s house- the area where I grew up. We drove passed all the school yards that I used to play baseball at, the pools I used to go swimming in, the parks I used to play in, the rinks where I used to skate, the stores that I used to go to- or what was left of them anyways… Driving through Toronto, always brings back lots of memories. All of the walks that I went on with my Grandpa. He used to want to go for a walk almost every morning, all summer long. I still think “2 steps per sidewalk block” when I’m walking on a sidewalk! I’d ask him how he walked so fast, and that was his response- long strides. I remember when I was finally able to keep up to him without jogging! Anyhow, we stopped in to visit him and his wife, Lea. I was not surprised at all to find him washing a bowl of grapes. My grandpa ALWAYS had a bowl of grapes sitting out. So, Eve ate half the bowl on him while we chatted. Then, he gave her a muffin and a glass of milk in true grandparent-style. :) It was a blessing for me to be able to stop in for a visit. Next time, we’ll have to play a game of cribbage.

______________________________________________________

I forgot to talk about the jokes! Oh, the jokes… My sister was over yesterday morning, and then we picked Robbie up after school. The whole drive there, the kids were telling us jokes. Some were funny, some were… well… not funny. Then, the kids started asking Sarah and I to tell them jokes. We couldn’t think of any! Or the ones we could think of- the kids wouldn’t get. A joke isn’t quite as funny when you have to explain it… So when we got home, I googled some jokes and told them to the kids while they were eating dinner. While my sis and I may have been cringing at the corniness of them- the kids thought it was hilarious! For instance,

A three year old walked over to a pregnant lady while waiting with his mother in the doctors office.
He inquisitively asked the lady, "Why is your stomach so big?"
She replied, "I'm having a baby."
With big eyes, he asked, "Is the baby in your stomach?"
She said, "He sure is."
Then the little boy, with a puzzled look, asked, "Is it a good baby?"
She said, "Oh, yes. It's a real good baby."
With an even more surprised and shocked look, he asked...
"Then why did you eat him?"

Yeah… they found it hilarious! I think I’ll have to be on the look out for some better kid jokes. :)

1 comment:

  1. Nana said... Wow Eve, I can't wait to hear it. I love it when you play the violin.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails