Wednesday, March 23, 2011

82-2011

DSC_0588 copy

She got her Chai tea after all…

Well, she got the last sip of mine, anyways. :)

So much for the little taste of spring we had. It’s back to below freezing, and we shared the highway with ploughs and salters tonight on the way to church.

Scott. preached a message on judging each other vs. encouraging each other, loving your neighbour as yourself, and putting God and His will first. Sometimes, I think he listens to me vent all week, and then writes his message according to what I need. Not really. I know he doesn’t do that, cause alot of the time, he preaches on things I’ve been dealing with and haven’t even mentioned to him. I have a hard time being an “encourager” sometimes. Most of the time, when dealing with people other than Scott and my kids. Naturally, I’m a critic. I’m not a complainer- but I take notice of wrongs, much more quickly than I do rights. It takes me making a purposeful effort, to be the merciful- encourager, that some people are just naturally.  Not to make an excuse- just to say, I needed his message last night. I need to make more of an effort to be an “encourager.”

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.
-Matt. 7:12

The Golden Rule…

2 comments:

  1. Papa say's Who of us don't need to be more of an encourager?
    Scott preached a mighty fine message.
    You have trained him well.... <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. My problem is that I am a great encourager of my friends and extended family. But to my children? Ack. The critic in me rears its ugly head. It is shameful that I so easily criticize those that need my grace the most!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails