Monday, November 2, 2009

I take it back…

This morning, we got up bright and early, thanks to setting our clocks back an hour, and I was ready to face the week! I set my FB status to “Jaclyn is ready for Monday!”

Well, that was before I spent over an hour on the phone with our insurance company regarding a flood in our basement this weekend- trying to answer a whole bunch of questions I didn’t know the answers to- while trying to call Scott at school to get the answers- wait for him to call me back so we could have contractors assess the damages, and then wait for the contractor guy to show up and tell me that my basement needs to be ripped apart.

Scott and I are both such calm and patient people in times like that. I mean, there is no way that I may have been a little short with a secretary on the phone who didn’t know what she was talking about. There is definitely no way that Scott and I hung up on eachother 3 times while trying to deal with all of this… how immature would that be!?

Ugh… my house smells. REALLY smells. You know that, I-left-my-laundry-in-the-dryer-for-two-days smell? Well imagine that 20,000 times worse, and blowing throughout your house.

Atleast we have hot water! Oh, that’s what the flood was… our hot water tank decided to empty all over our basement floor. It was pretty funny on Sunday morning, trying to wash off and get ready for church in freezing cold water…

All of the pictures from our weekend visits- will have to wait until tomorrow. I’ll leave you with one of my friend’s beautiful new baby girl, who I was able to photograph on Saturday morning…

jess1_il

To see more of her pictures, check out my Inspired Life blog.

Now, I’m going to crochet hats, and then hopefully get some sleep before the demolition construction crew arrives in the morning… 

jaclynsignature

2 comments:

  1. I do hope you got some sleep! You need that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! Sorry you had such a rough time of it! Praying that all goes smoothly and quickly with the cleanup and fixup.

    *sigh*

    Beautiful baby. I love newborn smell and those precious wrinkly little baby fingers.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails