Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

After our sick and crummy start- we had a wonderful long weekend together. On Monday we stayed in and cooked a turkey dinner. Scott cleaned for me in the morning... (love him!) and then spent the afternoon watching a Leaf game with the boys.

The kids had fun setting the table for a "fancy" dinner, and while we were eating we went around the table several times telling what we were thankful for. I was impressed and humbled by their simple thankfulness. Everything from Jesus... to wood. lol. It was a fun memory that I'm sure we'll share in years to come.



After dinner we ate a ton of desserts and played a game of Scrabble with the kids. Scott and Elijah, Keona and Prayer, Charity and Eve, and Ella and I were the teams. ;) Jeddy was already in bed! It was surprisingly entertaining... the kids used words I didn't know they knew.... "barley", "sober"... until the very end of the game. Keona was stuck with 5 "i"s... so Scott was going to "help" her. Notice where the word "dip" is?

Well, Scott coincidentally went out on his next turn with "outraged"...needless to say- I was outraged. :P Prayer then called him a cheater and kicked him in the shin. ha... it was good fun.

After the kids went to bed Scott cleaned the kitchen for me again! Do I have the best husband, or what?! Then he finished writing his paper for school while I vegged on the couch...we played Scrabble at midnight and he beat me with "zits"...ugh. :P


Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name
of our Lord Jesus Christ;
Ephesians 5:20


3 comments:

  1. Nana said....Did you call him a cheater and kick him in the shin??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nana Said...By the way the table looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girls say, "Thank you!"

    And no... I didn't kick him. But I should have! :P

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails