Thursday, June 17, 2010

Not much to say…

The girls and Robbie, had their year-end recital last Thursday. Leading up to it, all I heard from Keona was, “I’m so nervous! What if I make a mistake?? My face is going to go red! I’m SO nervous!!!” Eve on the other hand, assured me that she “doesn’t get nervous.”

 DSC_0211 DSC_0219

I don’t have a picture of Robbbie cause he wouldn’t cooperate…

They have amazing teachers. We are so blessed. All three of them did a wonderful job. Even if Keona was so nervous that she started playing before she actually sat on the bench, and she bowed to the wall instead of the audience… I’m proud of her. Knowing how nervous I am playing in front of an audience- I can only imagine for a kid. It was a very clam and quiet recital, until Robbie finished playing. At which point, Sarah shouted out “Wooooo!! Yeah Robbie!!! Wooooo!!” She made me jump. The poor people in front of her….

DSC_0205

Oh yes, and Eve won “Best Violin Student!” Her prize- a gift card to Dairy Queen!! Right away, she asked if Dad could take her on a date for ice cream. Aw..

 

On Saturday afternoon, we went to Hamilton for a BBQ in remembrance of Harley’s birthday. Here are a few more photos from the balloon release.

(Click to enlarge)

balloon releaseAunt Patsy, has a lovely swimming pool as well. The kids had a great time splashing around for a while before the thunder started.

DSC_0273 DSC_0264  

DSC_0265

It was a little chilly by the time Scott and I arrived!

So this is a little out of order, but last week I took the kids to the library, and somehow missed the big sign on the door stating that there would be a fire drill that morning. So did everyone else in the library apparently…

 

So we waited…

DSC_0224

And waited….

DSC_0226

And waited some more…

DSC_0225

And then, the kids had finished all of their library books before night’s end.

They are all book worms. Even Elijah now! Who I never thought would enjoy reading. The girls have him hooked on “Magic Treehouse” books!! Next, we’ll try to get him into the “Canadian Flyer” series…

 

And just because…

DSC_0347  DSC_0331

     DSC_0321

See, I didn’t really have much to say.

Just wanted to share all these pictures and keep the journal going. :)

2 comments:

  1. Nana said...Wow! Great post Jac.
    Way to go Eve!! (I like DQ too you know). I wish I was there to hear you girls and Robbie play. It sounds like it was a memorable night.
    Speaking of memorable...I bet they will never forget that trip to the library.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails