Monday, June 21, 2010

Dad

Dad is there. He is always there. Every time I feel the slightest tremble of this world’s thick darkness, His presence reminds me of the fact that I have nothing to fear.

 

Dad is strong. He’s never failed to give me peace. His arms are long and reach around me to comfort away the day’s toil. He labours without tire, and He carries me whenever I request, though He continues to work. I never need fail for strength, for I may ask it of Dad.

 

Dad is true. Ask Him something, and you can trust the answer. It will come from His heart, and be right on from His perspective, though some may not like it. You can bank on Dad’s words. If He says He will, He will. If He promises, you are sure to find He will come through. You can trust in my Dad.

 

Dad is for me. He loves me, and has spent Himself for me. I never need doubt if what He is doing is for my good. It is always for my good, because He’s my Dad. Sometimes, I didn’t know what He was doing, and I worried about His love for me, but in the end I always find His love was for me first, and that trial was for my good. I don’t know how, but Dad loves me.

 

Dad forgave me. I had wronged Him so, and He gave me another chance. I shall not break His heart of hearts again. And though I may, and He always knows what is within me, He is always ready to forgive.

 

Dad is my pattern. I look to Him and see what I might be. Dad does, and I copy. Dad is, and I, and my sons, see what He is. Each little gesture and movement reveals more to me of Him. Maybe, I should be more like Him every chance I get. For His vast years have supplied no loss of proof that He is a good and proper pattern to copy. Oh Dad, be my pattern today.

 

I love Dad. When I don’t spend time with Him, I miss Him so. When I refrain my words from His ears and hold them captive within, He longs to hear from my soul. Then I can refresh His aching heart. I can restore His delighted countenance. I can speak with Dad, and hear His words again. The times of sweet Father and son fellowship can be restored, and I love it to be so. For I love Dad.

 

God comes to you today, weary child. Some seek comfort, others a peace, and some a friend. Some have no man to call dad here, alas. But dear friend, your Father in Heaven seeks a renewal of fellowship with you. He cries out to His child, “Give me thine heart!” He craves your sweet love from the inner man. Give Dad His desire this Dad’s day. Give God your heart.

 

And if you don’t know that He is your Father, He would have you today become His child. Christ died to make it so. He would make no difference between you and another. Ask Him to take you for His own today. There is no greater joy upon this earth then to know this very thing: Dad loves me.

 

“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.” James 1:17

“What manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God:” – 1John 3:1 

“A Father to the fatherless” – Ps 68:5

DSC_0563 copy

scott's sig

2 comments:

  1. Nana said... Wow! That is really nicely said Scott.
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad say's
    3 John 1:4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.
    It is my duty, my joy, and my honour, as it is yours, to amplify the faithfulness of our Father to our son's.
    You do a wonderful job Scotty... I love you and am very proud of you. Happy Fathers Day.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails