Sunday, April 3, 2011

93-2011

DSC_0936

“They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.”
-Lam. 3:23

 

I would have been having a baby this week.

That was the thought running through my head during my pity party this weekend.

Today, I kicked myself in the behind and reminded myself to dwell on the positive. All the things I DO have. To be content. In whatever state I’m in.

“…for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.”  – Phil. 4:11

I made a promise to myself, and God, to stop being such a pessimist.

So, faithless.

To find something to rejoice about in every situation.

“Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.”   -Phil. 4:4

And as if God was listening to my thoughts at that very moment, I went to practice a piano song with Eve- and two of the keys were sticking. Completely out of the blue. They would go down, and not come back up without being lifted. That’s a problem. I took a deep breathe and decided to open up the piano to see if I could figure it out- to no avail. Nothing looked wrong.

Now my thoughts run to,

 Ugh, I JUST had the piano technician here to fix a key and she did it for free. Which was a TOTAL blessing, but it isn’t going to happen again.

What was I thinking buying an old piano???

This thing is going to cost me more to fix than it did to buy!

Lord, WHY???

I called the piano lady, holding back tears, and after listening to my description, she said it may be something small in-between the keys, OR… it may be a bigger problem. I got off the phone with her, and hesistantly (really, I was already expecting the bigger problem) I slid a card between the keys, and out popped a penny. Thank you, Ella.

Then I realized- I had failed already.

Literally, 20 minutes after telling the Lord that I was trusting Him, and that I was going to find something to rejoice about in every situation. I was ready to cry over stuck piano keys. As if He couldn’t take care of such a simple problem.

“And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.”
-Matt. 8:26

I am so thankful for His grace. For a chance to start fresh, and try again tomorrow.

“Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.”
-Heb. 4:16

4 comments:

  1. Sending you a hug all the way from Nebraska. One step at a time. :) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Miss. Jac.....
    I'm so sorry about your baby....I will be praying for you.....

    all comfort flowing from the Mercy seat where sits our loving Heavenly Father.....

    In Christ,
    ~ Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry for your loss. I know it is hard. But as you said there are lots of wonderful things to focus on. ANd lots of people that love you and can give you an extra hug and kiss this week to help you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been praying for you!
    Love you and your family to pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails