Monday, September 13, 2010

250/365

DSC_0192

Working together on geography…

 

Our kids are all pretty competitive. (I wonder where they get THAT from?…) So naturally, they turn everything into a competition. Which I don’t mind. As long as they’re good sports about it- they can be as competitive as they want to be. Scott and I actually encourage it. Last year, we had simple prizes for the best grades. A weekly prize would be something like a chocolate bar or a sundae. Since it worked so well last year, we decided to step it up a notch this year! For the highest weekly grade I was going to do a dollar store prize, but then I figured that they’d probably want to pick their own. Then, I thought that I probably won’t be able to make a trip to the dollar store every single Friday. So I thought, “Well, I’ll just give them the dollar.” Then, I remembered that nothing is really a dollar anymore- so I made it two. They were pleased with that. The quarterly prize it a breakfast at Sunset, and the semester prize is lunch at the CN tower!

I’m counting on some really competitive grades this year… ;)

1 comment:

  1. Nana said...OOPS!! Sorry about the glasses on the shirt thing...tell Prayer Nana is not a good example :(

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails