Friday, July 17, 2009

"Me hear 'zem trucks!"

This morning, around 7:45 when I got downstairs with Jed, I opened a window to let some air in. Immediately, he stopped, looked at me, and said, "I hear trucks! We go see them?"


This kid hears everything. Kinda like Prayer smells everything... she will come up from the basement because she smells it when I make anything. A tea...toast...soup...chicken...anything.
She has the nose of a Blood Hound.
I kid you not.
Back to the trucks...
I told him that when I was done doing my makeup, I would take him out. Honestly, figuring it was a delivery truck, and it would be gone by then. (Bad Mommy!) I was mistaken. He could still "hear 'zem trucks!" and was patiently sitting on the front stairs, with his shoes on, ready to go.

The construction workers all looked at me a little strangely, as I sat down on a rock by the sidewalk to watch the trucks... Jed could have stayed out there all day. He was enthralled by the dump trucks, and pavement layers... whatever those kind of trucks are called! I think I need to buy him a truck book. Or maybe, I should buy myself one, and study up, so that I actually know the names of these things.

My Mom had the boys last weekend, and took them airplane watching. So it's not just trucks. He likes any type of big vehicle.
He recently told me, "Mom, when I bigger 'den you. Me's going to buy you a BIG truck!"

I replied, "Aw, that's sweet hun. But mommy doesn't like trucks, you like trucks!"

He thought for a minute and then said, "OK, I buy a big truck, and dribe you in it!"

Such a sweetie!
_______________________________________

Why do I love my new lens?

One word...

{ bokeh }

Ahhhh....

1 comment:

  1. Okay, so I had to look up bokeh - had no idea.... but now I do - very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails