Saturday, July 4, 2009

Pain

By reason of a heavy heart, Jaclyn asked me to fill in posting on behalf of our family for a few days. She will be back soon.

Pain has left me barren. Pain has conquered my spirit and my life.

I have felt with so much intensity that I cannot feel anything more: and yet… pain remains.

It has bled me dry and soaked my fire. It has crept into my very soul and changed who I am. Pain has corrupted me. Pain is rotting me from the inside out.

Oh! Pain why do you burn my eyes?! Oh! Pain why do you break my spirit?! Oh! Pain why do you rot my body… leave me lonely… tire my soul?! It hurts deep. I am wounded. Why must I feel so wounded?

Through pain, travail brings a child.
Through pain, the field brings a harvest.
Through pain, disease brings a strong soul.
Through pain, decay sows a successful seed.
Through pain, labour earns works reward.
Through pain, a church is brought harmony.
Pain is the adversary to success, but the fuel of the fire in victory.

The pain had hindered, but God wrought through me a victory. The eyes that burned, now fervently compel! The spirit left weakened, now gives strength to the broken! The body shaken with grief, now strongly abides to testify! Pain fought me, but God was greater! Trials overwhelm, but God is faithful!

Victory is felt, because in pain I had knelt; and I shall cling to that promise that had brought me through: that pain is at work, as by You.


And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. - 2 Cor 12:9



scott's sig

3 comments:

  1. Dad says,
    Son, Nothing comes easily in this world, that lasts eternal.
    Pain will cease.
    I promise you, pain "will" cease.
    While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
    I will pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad says,
    My soul hath them still in remembrance, and is humbled in me.

    This I recall to my mind, therefore have I hope.

    It is of the LORD's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

    They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

    The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.

    The LORD is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.

    God has been good to me this morning!

    And you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Scott - God is good so through the pain we will keep trusting!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails