Monday, March 1, 2010

“Carrot”

Since we finally got more than a few centimetres of snow last Friday. The kids and I decided that it would be a good day to build a snowman.

 

I don’t really enjoy the snow. I mean, I like looking at it. I like watching my kids play in it. I’m not such a big fan of being out in it myself though. The things we do for our kids!

DSC_0988 copyThe girls told Jeddy that it was his new friend named “Carrot.” 

 

Atleast they didn’t steal HIS hat and scarf for it like I did to my sister when we were kids. My mom came home to find us outside building a snowman. My sister, freezing with no hat, no gloves, no scarf….

“But the snowman needed them! He looks so much better now!”

For some reason, that didn’t cut it for my mom. She wasn’t impressed with my creation…

I’m still not sure why my sister went along with all of these things.

 

 

Prayer decided to build her own snowman….

DSC_1002What can I say?…

It definitely has “Prayer” written all over it.

Notice the cane?

 

Carrot just about fell over a few times.

I wonder why?….

boot  The girls fixed him…

DSC_0986

“I’m cold. I came outside with bare feet inside my dress boots. No hat, and my hair won’t stay out of my face. Can I go in now?”DSC_1008

She didn’t really say that… Other than the “I’m cold” part. I made it up….

 

I did end up having fun. Though, I think it may be time to invest in some new boots… I paid $9.99 for a pair at Wal-Mart, the year that Elijah was born. They served me well. I got my money’s worth. (ha!) But it’s time for them to retire.

 

______________________________________________________________________

 

Oh, and here’s the question of the day:

 

“Mom, was there running water when you were born?”

 

Ummm… really??? I’m 26!!! I know that’s “more than halfway to half a century” and all- but come on!

 

Apparently, my children have no concept of age. Or time…  :)

2 comments:

  1. no kidding. i'm 56 years old. i don't want to even talk to your kids about age - they may hurt my feelings - :) (and, yes, there was even running water when i was born. so there)

    so funny! fun pictures. i love looking at pictures of your kids :) nice family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. bahahahaha!!! and did you have to think about it very hard, old lady? did you have to go potty in a shack in the backyard?

    you are so young.

    brat.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails