Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"Big! Black! Birdie!!!!"



A few nights ago, around 3 am, I woke up to Jeddy screaming. Strange...he never wakes up screaming. Well, unless he is wheezing and barely able to breathe.

After waiting a minute, I called him into my room. I heard him yell, "ok!" and come running down the hallway. He climbed into bed with me, still crying, and shouting about a "Big! Black! Birdie! Flying over me!!!" He thought for a minute and then continued, "Bite my bummy!!" (tummy) "Saying, ca! ca! ca! Scaring me. Flying. By. My head!"


I was trying not to laugh, and feeling bad for him at the same time.He snuggled up to me and safely slept the rest of the night away between Scott and I.

The next morning he was still afraid to go into his room. He made me close the window and lock it. I could not, for the life of me, figure out where this fear of birds was coming from. During breakfast he was telling his sisters about the birdie, which he was convinced was real, and they informed me of how he had been afraid of the evil queen's crow in Snow White. That would explain it. Only in his dream it was, "this big!!!"

(picture his little arms outstretched as far as possible)


My boys are so disturbed... I'll have to write about Elijah's dreams another time.

1 comment:

  1. Poor Jeddy... so extreme at such a young age... and can't wait to read about some of JaJa's strange dreams!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails