Thursday, July 18, 2013

Google to the Rescue

You may remember me mentioning several things breaking in a recent post. Honestly, my washer was the biggest concern. Just getting back from the cottage, I’m sure you can imagine the mountain of laundry that sat waiting. Late last Friday night, I was washing a few loads and the clicking and clunking kept getting louder and louder. I decided to google it. I came upon a post by a guy who said that his washer was doing the same thing and it ended up being 3 baby socks stuck in the pump filter. Hmmm… Well, baby socks don’t click, but everything else fit. So now where in the world was the pump filter, what did it look like, and how do I get into it? I went back to trusty google and searched how to find the pump filter.

I watched a YouTube video on how to get into it and thought I’d give it a go. Mind you, it was 11:30pm and I was trying to do this on my own. About 10 minutes into the process I ended up calling the triplets out of bed to hold the washer up for me! Half an hour, a baby sock (Yes, I said a baby sock!), two lego man legs, a lego light saber, a scrabble tile, a hair tie, beads, a bandaid, 23 cents later, and a handful of dog hair later, we had the washer working like new!

IMG_8069

The girls thought it was great that we fixed it on our own!

Seriously, what did we do before Google??

 

And just because I can’t leave you with that nasty picture of all the filter junk…

Look who second shot my last wedding with me!

DSC_0333

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails