Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Chewing and Praying

“Remember, God will never give you more than you can handle.”

People repeat this frequently; I heard it when I was growing up and I hear it now. It is meant to be a source of encouragement, and it would be if I believed it were true.

But I don’t.

I believe that God totally, absolutely, intentionally gives us more than we can handle. Because this is when we surrender to Him and He takes over, proving Himself by doing the impossible in our lives.

- Kisses From Katie

 

That’s what I’m chewing on tonight.

 

Praying about the church plant this fall.

Praying for Scott. The decisions he faces. The time restraints. The strength and wisdom he needs.

Praying for my children. So much.

Praying for several friends. Hurting. Sick. Lonely. Friends.

Praying for family members.

Praying for Elijah’s health.

 

Praying lots. Continually. “Without ceasing” you could say.

 DSC_1518

I’m not quite sure why she decided to eat her dessert in the middle of the kitchen floor…

 

The kids and I are on a new schedule. An early schedule. Which means that I have pretty much given up my late nights with Scott on the weekends. BUT- it does mean that we are no longer “squeezing in” devotion time. It has been far too long, that family devotions have ended up taking a backseat to…

Well… life.

DSC_1501

We’ve been getting up by 7am, reading, talking, questioning, and praying together every morning.

I’ve missed this.

Even Jeddy is excited to read his part of the new chapter each morning!

DSC_1396

He pushes her eyebrows down and says she looks angry…

 

Elijah, is doing better. His pulmonary function went from “severe” to “mild” over the course of 3 weeks. He seems to be back-tracking a bit now and we’ve had to increase his doses again. No more attacks though. Thanking God for that!

DSC_0120

The boys at Easter dinner

 

Lily is getting so big!

DSC_0177

Apparently, she rolled over cause I found her in her crib, on her back, with her arm stuck under her. I’ve yet to see it though!

DSC_1522

Easter was AMAZING! We had 27 people here for dinner on Saturday. I’m so thankful that my oldest is a girl! :)

DSC_0059

She was an amazing help to me all day long.

DSC_0100

My mom, with Lily…

DSC_0104

The girls did a puzzle with Great-grandpa and Keona learned how to play cribbage. I love how my Grandpa always had time for a game of cribbage with me when I was a kid.

   DSC_0134

Grandpa with his grand and great-grands.

We missed having Jimmy here!

 

I’m thankful for family.

God is good.

Life is good.

I can’t wait to see God work in so many different situations right now.

 

DSC_0046

Hope everyone had a blessed Easter!

2 comments:

  1. Grandma says~Love it - thank you for the encouragement! Love you all to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow church plant. Scary.
    Bottom line is, if god is for you, then who could ever stop you! No one!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails