Thursday, September 18, 2008

We're Making Progress!

So last night I was giving the boys a shower, and I had taken them back into their room to get changed. While I was busy digging through Jed's drawers- which desperately need to be cleaned out- I heard the sound of water hitting the floor. I turned around to see Jeddy peeing! My immediate reaction was to yell, "NOOOOO!" To my complete shock....he stopped peeing! I was like, "Really??? Did he just STOP??" So I ran him into the bathroom, and at first he was terrified of the toilet. But after Elijah showing him how...Jed peed in the toilet! He actually did it! So we celebrated by doing our completely lame, "Pee pee in the potty!" song and dance.
The hardest part is over...he conquered his fear of the super scary toilet seat, and now understands what it's for. This does not mean I'm attempting to potty train him yet. ha...We'll see how things go from here.

Last night he also made the mistake of rough-housing with Miss. Vicki. Flare usually takes it from him....but not Miss. Vicki! She responded with a quick scratch to his arm and then ran away to hide. Our lovely little psycho cat... Jed kept say, "Kitty-cat..hurt you!" He hasn't mastered the whole "you..me...I" thing yet....


But I was impressed by Elijah. What a great big brother he is to Jed. Teaching him how to pee in the toilet...tackle his sisters...and most importantly....drive Mom batty!
Like father, like sons...right? :P


Oh, how I love my boys! :)

2 comments:

  1. The hair looks adorable! AND - don't knock the pee pee in the potty song, I enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails