Friday, September 19, 2008

Flashback Friday: In Loving Memory

I know it's a little late in the month. But it was in September of 1988 that my father passed away. And then in September of 2003 that my grandmother went on to join him. So I thought this would be appropriate for a "Flashback Friday"
-
My Dad with Sarah in Jamaica.
My Dad with Sarah and I at Dunn's River Falls, Jamaica


My Grandma with her 3 granddaughters.

I also wanted to include Scott's grandma. Or "Great-nana" as she was known to the kids. Who passed away in 2007.
-
Great-nana with 5 of the kids.

We love and miss you all...but thankfully, we'll see you all again some day.
-
"I cannot think of them as dead
Who walk with me no more;
Along the path of life I tread
They have but gone before.
-
"The Father's house is mansioned fair
Beyond my vision dim;
All souls are his, and here, or there,
Are living unto him.
-
"And still their silent ministry
Within my heart hath place,
As when on earth they walked with me
And met me face to face.
-
"Their lives are made forever mine;
What they to me have been
Hath left henceforth its seal and sign
Engraven deep within.
-
"Mine are they by an ownership
Nor time nor death can free;
For God hath given to love to keep
Its own eternally."
-
-Frederick Hosmer
-
... in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:37-39

2 comments:

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails