Sunday, September 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

It's so hard to believe that I'm.....25! :O


I realize that I'm not that old, and that there are probably alot of women cursing me for saying this...but it's the first time I've really thought, "Wow...I'm getting older." Sounds dumb... I know. But I'm now half way to 50! One-third of my life is over....depressing, eh? I'm going to be one of those women who stays 29 forever.


Now, that said....we recently watched a movie about 2 men who find out they have a few months left to live and they try to do everything they've always wanted to do, in that short time frame. I was thinking at the end of the movie- how fulfilled I feel with my life. I have the most amazing husband a girl could ask for. I have 7 beautiful, healthy children, whom I'm extremely proud of. I have a God who loved me enough to send His Son to die for me. What more could I ask for?
Life is good. God is good.


Elijah was the first one to sing Happy Birthday to me this morning. :)
And now...for the weekend recap! Since I'm just sitting here waiting for Scott to get home from doing devotions with the college men...

Friday was the last night of soccer, and we were supposed to have a pizza party in the park, but it got rained out. SO, instead we had one at my parent's house! The kids had a great time...but man was it loud!


Halfway through the party, Scott's mom came to the door. (Which was strange because it was a pizza party...for the soccer kids..) I said, "Hi..." Thinking, "What are you doing here?" lol.

Scott had told our Moms how much we needed a new duvet, so they surprised me by taking me out that night to get all new bedding! It was so sweet of them, and now I feel like I'm sleeping in a hotel every night! No....better than a hotel! :) A huge thank you to both of our parents.
Saturday, both Scott and I were sick... so we pretty much just sat around all day and did some homework and reading. That night, Scott was feeling really horrible. It's about this time every year he gets a sinus infection. This time I was determined to get rid of it without antibiotics! I did some researching online and found a recipe from Earth's Clinic website. Today we picked up all the ingredients and made a concoction that consisted of tomato juice, chopped garlic, hot sauce, lemon juice, and celery salt for taste...ha! It was nasty...and hot! Hopefully it was worth it.


Now, for a nice relaxing night with my favourite person in the world. :)
Can you tell we were both a little tired...and sick?

2 comments:

  1. Aaaawwww, poor Jac!
    I hope your cold has gone away (well, it must have after that horrible thing you had the courage to drink!!!) ...lol...
    It sounds like after all you had a great birthday and yes, it is alright to feel a bit old (I totally understand...think of me, I will be 35 in just over a month!!!) but it's also good to consider, as you did, how many wonderful things and people we have in our life and how amazing God is to us every single day!
    Hope you and Scott will get better real soon and thanks for suscribing to my blog... 15 years is indeed a long journey but if God gave me this opportunity is because He has a plan and I shouldn't worry!
    Sooo... it will be good fun to ride the rollercoaster with Him!
    Much love to all, Dona xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad the bedding fits (after one exchange) and you are definitely blessed and a true blessing to so many! Love you, my baby!!!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails