Friday, January 22, 2016

The Cast...

15 years old
She is the oldest and has a personality to match. She is incredibly determined, driven, and knows what she wants. She always (like seriously, always) has her nose in a book. Sometimes she's reading,
lately it has been a lot of writing. She is a people person- an extrovert to the extreme- and she wants nothing more than to make a difference in the world. She's turning 16 in a few months and then only one more year of high school. 

13 years old
Our oldest triplet. Charity is known as a "tomboy" but she's also a "daddy's girl". She would gladly spend her time playing basketball and skateboarding over doing her nails, hair, and makeup any day. She's extremely competitive, but has such a compassionate heart. Outside of sports...  She is always putting others first (unless it's her brothers) and forgives people without a second thought. She loves cooking and baking and pretty much anything to do with being in the kitchen. When nobody else wants to help with something, you can always depend on Charity.

13 years old
Eve is known for being a bit on the bossy side. And a little on the loud side. Now she's usually right, and she usually knows what she's trying to accomplish, she can just be a little... Harsh. When she was little we had to teach her not to say, "I know" all. The. Time. That said, she can do pretty much anything she puts her mind to. She plays at least 5 instruments and wants to learn the flute next. When I want things organized and delegated... Eve's my girl. 

13 years old
What can I say about Prayer? She is the artsy one. She has an incredibly quirky personality. She can make anyone and everyone laugh. She has a habit of making fun of me when I'm angry so that I forget what I was saying and why I was angry. She loves children. Toddlers adore her. She could keep them entertained for hours. She is everyone's go-to for outfit advice. She's just fun. She's also incredibly smart. You wouldn't know it from talking to her- as she can seem a little... dense. I think it's just because she says things that other people may only think. But her grades and ability to remember things long term are amazing. She doesn't know what she wants to do yet, but it could be just about anything.

12 years old
Everyone thinks Elijah is quiet but his siblings would beg to differ. He is incredibly competitive. He likes playing video games, figuring out puzzles, and getting better grades than his older sisters in algebra. He's a thinker. He's funny too. Not a class clown type of funny, but a witty- it-takes-me-a-minute-to-realize-he-made-fun-of-me funny.  He doesn't like taking orders from his older sisters (which means that Eve is generally fuming around him) and I kinda like that about him. He is also incredibly thoughtful when he isn't trying to drive me crazy.

9 years old
Jeddy is the charmer. From the cute dimples, to his outgoing and sweet personality, all of the girls' friends love Jed. His heart is huge. He loves animals and can't just observe. He is hands on with everything. From kissing toads as a toddler to making sure the birds and stray cats have enough food in the winter... He's a big teddy bear. Although he claims that he's never getting married and that he's going to live at home with me forever... I have a feeling that may change down the road.


7 years old
Our Ella-boo. She is Keona's mini-me. She follows Keona around and wants to do everything that Keona does. Ella is dressed up like a princess one minute and then in the mud catching frogs the next. She loves shopping and owns more pairs of shoes than I do. She designs her own outfits and likes to give Lily "makeovers". This girl could run for days. We nicknamed her the energizer bunny when she was little because she didn't stop moving. She still doesn't. She is always on the go and always up to something...


4 years old
She tells everyone that her name is "Lily-Beth". We call her out sour-patch kid because she is incredibly sweet and cuddly sometimes, but she can also be the spiciest little spitfire. It just depends on the day. She wants to do everything that her siblings do and gets upset when she can't. She is known for her hair. If people only knew what goes on behind the scenes of that hair... Let's just say that somedays we both want to chop it off. She was my first child to need stitches. She definitely keeps me on my toes and has humbled me as a parent on numerous occasions. Life is never dull with Lily!
                                                                      
1.5 years old
Addy, as we call her, is such a blessing to our family. She wasn't expected but couldn't be more welcomed and loved. She loves to eat. There isn't much that she turns away. Unless she's teething... And then she only wants pizza. Her first word was "Ella" and still to this day she calls Ella when she wakes up in the morning. Her new favourite word is "no". Usually followed up by a "thank you" because she wants to be polite while disobeying. She loves apple juice,  ninjas, and dinosaurs. (Of all things!) She's the baby. 

N/A
Saying that I'm thankful to be married to my best friend sounds so cliche. I met Scott when I was 12 years old and it didn't take long for us to become friends. There were months that we spent hours on the phone every Saturday night. Then we started hanging out in person more often, as friends, for about a year. He became one of my best friends. I realized it when I was in Jamaica with my family and just wished he could be there to see everything with me. He was the one person that I couldn't wait to share things with. Then one day in 1998 he gave me a pack of lifesavers with a note wrapped up in them asking me to be his girlfriend and we've been sharing everything ever since. We disagree at times, we yell, we may even stop talking for an hour or two. But ultimately, neither of us can go longer than that without sharing something about our day with each other. 
He is my person. 



If you're feeling nostalgic, check out the last About Us post from 2012!

5 comments:

  1. Loved this post! and love that you are blogging again:) Man, does Elijah ever look like Scott at 12!! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. You guys are extraordinary. Love the portraits too <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a bunch of personalities you have! Love your family and your blog! You are such an amazing mom Jaclyn and it is a blessing to know you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad to see you are blogging again, Jaclyn, I love reading your posts. It's been a real pleasure to watch your family grow & grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy you have "met" you through The Blended Blog! Off to snoop around...:)

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails