Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Camp, Thunderstorms, and Crocheting

Whew! Time is flying… I’ll be 25 weeks this Friday.

I’m currently sitting in front of the TV, watching the weather channel, and all these crazy storms that are passing right over the camp that 4 of my kids are currently at. Tornado warnings… Ugh! I’m sure the girls are just fine, and probably think it’s a great adventure. Elijah however, who has dreams about me leaving him behind and a tornado sucking him up… Lets just say I’m a little concerned that he may not find the Tornado drills quite so much fun.

Ella’s new favourite sayings, “What in the world!?” and “Oh gweat!”

Though she definitely has some attitude issues, she is irresistible.

Today, all she wanted to do was sword fight with her Daddy. Once he had to go to work, she spent the afternoon playing lego with Jeddy.

DSC_0149

Ella and Jed, have been best buddies these past two weeks, as my only non-campers.

DSC_0206

Poor Keona, has been bored out of her mind the last few days. She really doesn’t know what to do with herself without the other girls here.

She had a great time at camp during her week though! Other than coming home and having to straight to the hospital with a spasming neck muscle…

CampYes2011-Week3-216

You can see how she was holding her neck in a crooked position here…

(Camp photos courtesy of Calvin)

CampYes2011-Week3-75

Keona and her friend Kaitlyn

Apparently, her Uncle Robbie was her personal bodyguard for the week and he did a good job protecting her from some boys who were angry with her for trying to save the toads they were torturing. Robbie stepped up and said, “Touch her and die!” Hahaha… Gotta love that.

CampYes2011-Week3-217

Keona’s cabin

Before she went to camp, Keona was able to finish the blanket she was crocheting for Danica.

DSC_0795

I’m pretty impressed with her first attempt at such a large project. She already has plans to make another blanket for our baby. It will have to be neutral, since we have no idea what the baby is!

Did I mention there are only 99 more days to go!?

Jeddy has me doing a countdown.

On another note, I can’t believe how quiet my house has been this week! Making half a dinner, doing half the dishes, only putting three kids to bed- it has been so strange! We even took the car when we went out for ice cream on Monday night- no bus! ha…

Anyhow, it’s late and I’m exhausted. I’m really due for another belly pic- I’ve atleast doubled in size since the last one. A lady at church asked me how far along I was and when I told her I was 24 weeks, she said, “Oh, you’re big!”

I nodded and laughed.

“You’re going to have a big baby!” She insisted.

“No… I have small babies. I just get really big…” Was my reply.

And it’s true. Sixty to seventy pound weight gain, for a 7lb baby…

Oh well… More details of my last OBGYN appointment coming up with the belly pic! 

2 comments:

  1. Grandma says love the post and the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you put on that much weight with all of your pregnancies? can't wait to see the belly pic! wait, maybe i need to refresh and you already posted it?

    i bet it is strange with half of your kids at camp. glad the others are getting along so well and soaking up the togetherness!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails