Thursday, October 28, 2010

It’s been a while…

Like a whole week! Which is a long time for me NOT to blog.

 

Life has continued at it’s ever quickening pace. There is never enough time in a day to get everything done that needs to be done. I’ve tried prioritizing, tried to-do lists, they help… but with all the kids (and the husband working 15 hour shifts) something always come up to interrupt my perfectly scheduled day! :)

 

Jeddy it now learning short vowel blends in school. We get through “ma, me, mi, mo, mu” and he sighs, “Can I go play with Ella now?” As she hops back and forth across the couch, building “houses” and “cars” with all the pillows and blankets. This past week, she was his “pet tiger.” He shouts, “Tiger!” and she comes crawling into the room… “Rawr! I. Will. Eat you!” Apparently it works at dinner time too, “Ella, tigers eat all their carrots!” While she willingly eats the veggies she greatly dislikes. Not sure about the whole tigers eating carrots thing… but hey, it works!

DSC_0523 “Rawr’ing” like a tiger…

 

She has quite the attitude lately. Yesterday while we were driving, she wasn’t pleased with something Eve did. So she says, “Eve, I mad at you! I so mad!” But not 5 seconds later she quickly recants with, “I not mad. I not mad with you.” She has now called her big brothers “meaners” and “dummyheads”…

Gee, I wonder where she gets that from, boys!?

My wonderful little Jeddy, brought me a bottle cap opener the other day and asked me what it was. I explained that we used it to open bottles like “Dad’s Rootbeer.” Not thinking anything of it, I went back to what I was doing and he went on his way. He came back about 10 minutes later with the bottle cap opener in hand and said, (with a very excited look) “Mom! Mom! This thing opens bottles AND writes on walls!”

Umm… pardon me? Writes on walls?

Apparently it does.

I learn something new everyday!

DSC_0504Charity helped me make dinner tonight. She has mastered the art of making rice and biscuits now. The rice was Keona’s job, until one time when we ran out of butter and she decided to substitute the 2nd tablespoon of butter for an extra tablespoon of salt… So she may not be a chef. Tonight, we typed out and printed her very first novel! She wrote a five chapter book! I actually quite enjoyed reading it, and  am looking forward to the sequel she already has planned.

 

I got my new business cards in the mail- which I am quite excited about!

DSC_0486 copy

Now I can carry my portfolio around with me!

 DSC_0489

And even these “mini cards” which I think are super cute!

  DSC_0491 copy

 DSC_0493 copy

DSC_0495 copy

Everything is from Moo.

 

Well, now I am off to crochet hats and enjoy a few hours of quiet time. Maybe? Hopefully? It;s still pretty noisy up there! All while I very much look forward to tomorrow night, and my date with my hunny! Have I mentioned that he’s the best lately? Cause he is!

2 comments:

  1. She is the cutest tiger ever!

    SO, no picture of the writing???

    Your cards? Perfect and fun- you have such wonderful taste. I am quite the fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would LOVE to read her book!!!! :-D And I love the cards! Looks like you're really taking off! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails