Monday, January 26, 2009

1 Semester down... 1 more to go!

We are DONE our first semester of school! We had straight A's across the board, except for one B+ in math... but even that grade went up significantly from the first quarter. I am so pleased with the results. I am not an easy grader either. I was always afraid of being "too easy" on my kids, and that they would get an unrealistic perspective of school. I think I may actually be leaning a bit to the other end of the spectrum, and sometimes be a bit too tough on them. I'm working on a balance.


So mostly just for fun, we did a picture day and a survey to keep in their school files. I figured it would be fun to look back on someday. Here are just a few of the cute answers we got...


What do you want to be when you grow up?


Elijah: A hockey player and a watchres. (waitress)


Eve: A mom

Why? Because I like babies.


Favourite place:


Keona and Charity: home

Prayer: PEI

Elijah: Brooks' house

Eve: Grandma's house


I hate it when....


Keona: Eve yells at people

Eve: My brother annoys me

Charity: We have potatoes

Prayer: People call me A.S.H.L.E.Y


If I could have one wish it would be....


Eve: to go on an adventure

Prayer: to go to college

Charity: staying up with Mom and Dad

Elijah: I wish I could play games on Friday and Saturday (long story but it was his punishment lol)

Keona: to get a glimpse of heaven


I was impressed by their answers. Scott and I had a good laugh. Those were just a few of the many questions we asked them. I am so proud of my kids. I'm so thankful that God entrusted me with the responsibility of raising them for Him.
And can I just say one more time... I love homeschooling! :)
"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
3 John 1:4



1 comment:

  1. Good job Mommy - you are doing great with the homeschooling and raising of your children! We are all very proud of you and them! Oh and yes, we have to thank God for Scott too!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails