Thursday, May 23, 2013

Fresh Starts & Mothers

Here I am, up far too late once again. Tonight, I’m taking a step back and prioritizing things. As we try to finish up the school year, frustrations build, papers stack, kids rush, I hurry, chores are left undone, dozens of papers are waiting to be marked, and everyone suffers. I must admit that I have lost my temper more than once in the last few weeks. Tonight I realized, what’s the rush? Why am I stressing myself out about getting it all done? We have no deadline. I have taken the fun out of learning.

So tomorrow…

is a new day.

I’m so thankful for fresh starts.

ella7

We will enjoy music and art. We won’t stress about integers and gerunds. We will read books and talk about what we learned. We will slow down and enjoy the freedom that God has gifted us with.

insta

The last few months have been a whirlwind and I feel like there is so much to catch up with! Instead, I will do a quick recap…

 

My Mom turned 50, and we surprised her with a girls’ road trip to Washington D.C.

DSC_0046

Umm… yeah, excuse the juice cup!

washington1

We took wrong turns, drove through unnecessary mountains, shopped, saw monuments, learned new things about history, went to museums, enjoyed good food…

cracker barrel

Had long talks, late night YouTube prank videos, and lots of tea! (We were very excited to near the border and have our Timmies again!)

mugs

Then… we surprised her again.

That was fun!

I almost gave it away so many times! The girls kept saying to me, “You’re lying to your MOM!” Haha… Yes, I am always willing to lie about good surprises and gifts!

birthday 1

I love you, Mom! I’m so thankful for all the memories we were able to make together, and I can’t wait until the girls are a bit older and we can do another road trip with all of them! I promise to map it out and not depend on my iPhone GPS next time…

birthday 2

I had a great Mother’s Day lunch with my family. Sadly, we watched the Leafs lose game 7 the next day. :( Charity and Prayer may have cried…

mothers day

I thought about the fact that I have some seriously amazing women in my life. My Mom – of course! I also had two completely different, but equally wonderful grandmothers growing up. I still have a great-grandma that can out-work a lot of younger people I know… and I couldn’t have asked for a better mom-in-law. I mean honestly, I hear so many people complain about “mother-in-laws” but I love mine! Scott and I both agree- we have the best moms!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails