Friday, December 30, 2011

My Birthday Boy

He doesn’t like having a birthday in winter because he can’t do anything outdoors for his party.

He rolls his eyes at me when I call him cutesy names and hates it when I grab his face and kiss his cheeks!

When asked what he wants to be when he grows up, his response is,

“I don’t know. I don’t have to think about that yet. I will decide in a little while.”

Sometimes, he is too witty for his own good.

He is always ready with a good comeback.

He is ultra competitive.

I can relate.

He has now had two asthma attacks in the last 3 weeks.

Last time he was at the hospital, he kindly told the nurse that he “wanted to go home soon. Please.”

DSC_0225 copy

Last night, he asked me to try not to wake him up when I gave him his puffer during the night. He just wanted to have a “good sleep.”

My poor guy has had such rough nights lately.

Trouble breathing… Up coughing… Being woken up to take medication…

Anyhow, we wanted to get him something special for his birthday this year and it just so happened to be on sale for boxing week! I wrapped it in paper, tied it up tight with string, wrapped it again around the string, wrapped it tight with saran wrap, wrapped it with paper again, and then covered it with tape. I have a video of him opening it, but I took it with Scott’s phone and can’t figure out how to get the sound to work on the blog. It went something like this…

“MORE paper??? Is this the last layer??? It’s something Nintendo!!! It’s a game!!! I think it’s a DS!”

“IT’S A NINTENDO 3DS!!!!!!! THANK YOU MOM! THANK YOU DAD!”

He hasn’t wanted to put it down since.

DSC_0221

You have never been an easy child. From your emergency entrance into this world, to your bad temper as a toddler, and your mischievousness as a big and little brother… You are always one to shake things up when they get boring.

DSC_0323

Happy 8th Birthday to my little sweetie-pie, hunny-bunch!

You know that I love you!

Can’t help my-self…

Ahem

He especially loves it when I sing to him…

Love ya, bud.

2 comments:

  1. Grandma says a great post on your big birthday boy - we love you Elijah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 8th Birthday!!!

    Hope his asthma goes away soon. With Noah, we ALWAYS have to use the nebulizer at night... It seems to be more effective and lasts longer than his inhaler. I hate it when they are sick. Poor guys.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love a friendly comment!? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails